Dedicated high-speed, high-capacity fibre connectivity between two locations.
- Vodacom Fibre is an ultra-high-speed and high-capacity fixed-line connectivity solution
- It’s ideal for your business if you use applications that consume a lot of bandwidth such as video conferencing, VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), VPN (Virtual Private Network), etc
Interested in Fibre?
Speak to a consultant and get your business ready.
What is Fibre?
Fibre, is the next generation of business connectivity delivering cutting edge Internet and triple-play (data, voice and video) services demanded by today’s customers. It is significantly faster and more reliable than ADSL broadband, which it replaces. It has no ‘street value’ like copper cables hence it is not susceptible to theft. Since it’s not an electrical conductor, it’s not susceptible to lightning strikes, hence increased availability. As we move up the ‘access stack’, the value will increase as the SMEs embrace the power of the Internet!
Vodacom Fibre offers dedicated fibre connectivity between locations, such as customer sites, data centres or carrier PoPs (Points of Presence).
It’s ideal for applications that consume a lot of bandwidth such as video conferencing, VoIP (Voice-over Internet Protocol), VPN (Virtual Private Network), etc
What is Fibre useful for?
- Scalable connectivity between your head office and a disaster recovery site
- A low latency connection to a data centre
- A secure connection between key locations
- Video conferencing
- E-commerce as a primary retail channel
- Web hosting for large website properties and Internet-based application services
- Backing up large volumes of data to external back-up sites
- Constantly available and reliable extranets using Wide Area Networking (WAN) or Local Area Networking (LAN)
- Secure and reliable VPNs
- Cost-effective VoIP solutions
Why should i get Fibre?
No extra infrastructure cost
We have our own Fibre infrastructure, so you don’t incur third-party costs, except in areas where we don’t have presence.
Redundancy and failover for high availability
State-of-the-art redundancy and failover technologies guarantee uninterrupted connectivity.
High-speed connectivity and reliability
You get the highest possible speeds and uninterrupted access for bandwidth-intensive applications such as video-conferencing.
Hassle-free additional services
Get seamless and cost-effective access to other business services such as VPN, Managed Storage, Tape Back-up, Web Hosting, etc.
24/7 surveillance and support
SLAs (Service Level Agreements) guarantee service quality including 24/7 surveillance and help desk, on-site installation, support, performance management and reporting.
Flexibility to choose bandwidth
We offer bandwidths ranging from 1Mbps to 1Gbps and beyond. We can virtually split your traffic on a single link to fit your business needs into VLAN per service, VLAN per port or VLAN trunk.
- Provides point-to-cloud access
- Connects to hosted IP services such as Dedicated Internet Access (DIA), VPN, cloud services and VoIP
- Enables transport of any business service or protocol from your premises across the Vodacom network
- Provides point-to-point direct connectivity between branches
- Offers a high-speed, high-capacity data transfer circuit